Socorro Tennis Association
The Socorro Tennis Association is open to anyone wishing to join in some tennis fun. Playing
levels of club members range from 2.5 - 4.0 and includes players ranging in age from teens to
seniors in their 80's. For further information on becoming a member, contact one of the current
- President, Nina Vandenberg
- Vice-President, Gayle Rhodes
- Secretary/Treasurer, Alejandra Gutierrez-Medina
Tournaments and Matches
- Note - Our Tournaments have not restarted since the Covid-19 shutdowns. We have a few Members who can no longer participate in Tournaments due to injuries and age,
and several other members have moved out of the area. Tournaments will restart once we start getting more community interest in playing tennis and participating in tournaments.
- Tournaments were hosted by association
members on the 2nd Saturday of each month, except for May. There usually was no tournament for May due to Socorro High
School and NMT graduation ceremonies. Non-members were welcome to participate in tournaments, but all participants needed to pre-register by contacting one of the officers or by contacting the tournament host(s) so rotating schedules could be set up the day before the tournament. Most play was Round Robin, and you switched partners after each round. Entry
fees for all players was a can of low altitude balls.
- Fun Play Matches are held at the Sedillo City Courts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings at 8:00 a.m.(summer hours)
and at 9:00 a.m.(winter hours). We are currently playing winter hours so play begins at 9:00 a.m. and all that show up play.
Come a little earlier if you prefer a longer warm-up before starting play.
- Community Tennis Players - A list of community tennis enthusiasts
- STA members, drop in players, and tournament participants.
City of Socorro
USTA Official Site
ESPN - Tennis
Page maintained by Gayle Rhodes