Races and Local Race Results
- Stealth Duathlon March 12th @ Holloman
- Spring Handicap 5k #3 March 25th @ NMT Pool
- MVTC Tri April 2nd @ Las Cruces
Spring Handicap Series
The Spring Handicap Series is starting on
February 4th! It is only $5 for the whole series but it is also only
open to club members. So what better reason to sign up than race in the
series where anyone can win?! Remember, it is $5/$10/$15 for students,
individuals, and families, respectively.
All races will start at the NMT pool (except
will have brunches afterwards. This week's race starts at 8AM and ends
at Robert's house (just down School of Mines from the pool) for a
brunch. Please contact Robert for information on what you can bring to
Mt. Taylor Quadrathlon
Even though there wasn't enough snow for the
quadrathlon a decent amount of people turned out in Grants, including
some SSR members doing the race solo or on a team. Here are the results
of the members and some local athletes. Congratulations for racing such
a tough event!
- Rick Aster - 58th Male - 11th M45-49
- Stuart Allen - 60th Male -7th M19-24
- Matt Perini - 90th Male - 12th M40-44
- Cathy Pfeifer - 20th Female - 6th F40-44
- Trophy Husbands (Ephraim Ford
& Patrick Walsh) - 9th Pair - 2nd Male Pair 19-29
- Sugar Mamas (Julie Ford & Lynda Walsh)
- 19th Pair - 3rd Female Pair 30-39
- New Mexico Tech Viejos -10th Team - 2nd Male
John Stermer Duathlon
4 members visited WSMR
for the 1st annual John Stermer Duathlon. It consisted of a 5k run and
then a 30k bike during what started out to be a VERY cold morning. We
are still waiting for final results but the following placements are
based on awards received.
- Ephraim Ford 1st/6 in Male 25-29
- Julie Ford 1st/2 in Female 30-34
- Rheda Brown 2nd/2 in Athena
- Robert Abernathy 9th/14 in Male 40-44
Important USAT News
USAT recently sent out a newsletter
detailing some important rules & fees changes & a new
Your race age will be based on your age at
the end of the year, the youth membership fee is reduced, and a Grand
Prix Series is starting, including a race in Arizona.
for the whole letter.
Regular Rides and Runs Around Socorro
These are not SSR-sponsored club events!
- Cycling (Road): Wednesday at
NOON!, meet at the
IRIS Parking Lot.
- Cycling (MTB): Friday 11:30 AM, meet at
the IRIS Parking Lot (not very regular!).
- Cycling (MTB): Sunday 10 AM (no-drop),
meet at Spoke-N-Word.
- Running: Sunday social run, meet at Tech
pool parking lot, 8 AM Sundays .
Like to start a new regular run or ride?
to get it listed here.
2005 Spring Running Series
One race is under our belt and we three more to
go. Thanks to everyone for helping in the turnout and thanks to Robert
for running and hosting the brunch!
Full results for race 1 are in this document and standings and full results after race two will be here. Jayme currently leads Glenn and Rafael 16 to 10.
|Peter van Moorsel
|Robert 'RJ' Baca
The Next Hash will be on the 9th
Nothing is the hare and we will meet at the
Matador at 6PM.
Read one of the Hash Trash reviews, such as
the one from the Red Dress Run in December.
Or go further back and read the trash from November,
September 2005's Hash, August
2005's Tech Dress-up Hash, July
2005's Hash, June
2005's Hash, May
2005's Cinco De Mayo Hash, April
2005's Spring Forward Hash, March
2005's St. Patty's Hash, February
2005's Valentine's Day Hash, January
2005's Hash, December
2004 Red Dress Run, November
Halloween Hash, September,
Red Dress Run Report, November
2003, or October
2003 Halloween Hash to see what hashing's about.
Feel free to ask me about posting Want To
Buy, Want to Sell, or Want To Trade items
- Jan Sramek and Lynette Napier are both
looking for used road bikes under $1000. Probably in the low to mid 50
cm size range.
- Race bikes: Both are road race bikes with
Time Trial bars added.
46 cm custom built
56" Serotta with Tri-Spoke wheels
Make offer to Pat or Catharine 838-1110