Races and Local Race Results
- 2006 Cerrillos del Coyote MTB -
- Spring Handicap 5k #4 April 20th @ the NMT pool
Spring Handicap Series
The Spring Handicap Series is starting on
February 4th! It is only $5 for the whole series but it is also only
open to club members. So what better reason to sign up than race in the
series where anyone can win?! Remember, it is $5/$10/$15 for students,
individuals, and families, respectively.
All races will start at the NMT pool (except
will have brunches afterwards. This last race starts at the pool in the
evening and ends
at the Ford's house (just south of the NMT campus) for a dinner.
Please contact Ephraim or Julie for information on what you can bring
the brunch (as you know, we already have the hot dogs covered!).
It was a beautiful early April day for racing in Las
Cruces as around a half-dozen members competed in the MVTC triathlon.
While it takes a while to get actual times out of the officials, here
are our preliminary results.
- Pete Van Moorsel - ~6th? in M20-24
- Jayme Margolin - 2nd* in F25-29
- Steven Montoya - 2nd* in M25-29
- Ephraim Ford - 4th* in M25-29
- Julie Ford - 1st in F30-34, ~5th overall
- Robert Abernathy - 6th in M45-49
- Rheda Brown - 3rd in F55-59
(* place AFTER overall race winner was removed from this age group)
Coyote Classic MTB race
Clayton, Craig, Ligia & Karl raced the "ripping"
course at Franklin Mountain State Park near El Paso. The lengths
depended on the category but the entire event was well-run despite a
slow awards ceremony. CoyoteGroup.jpg
- Clayton Snieder - 1st in Beginner Men's
- Craig Altare - 6th Sport Men 19-29
- Ligia Ford - 1st in Sport Women
- Karl Frisch - 8th in Pro Expert 40-49
Mt. Taylor Quadrathlon
Even though there wasn't enough snow for the
quadrathlon a decent amount of people turned out in Grants, including
some SSR members doing the race solo or on a team. Here are the results
of the members and some local athletes. Congratulations for racing such
a tough event!
- Rick Aster - 58th Male - 11th M45-49
- Stuart Allen - 60th Male -7th M19-24
- Matt Perini - 90th Male - 12th M40-44
- Cathy Pfeifer - 20th Female - 6th F40-44
- Trophy Husbands (Ephraim Ford
& Patrick Walsh) - 9th Pair - 2nd Male Pair 19-29
- Sugar Mamas (Julie Ford & Lynda Walsh)
- 19th Pair - 3rd Female Pair 30-39
- New Mexico Tech Viejos -10th Team - 2nd Male
Important USAT News
USAT recently sent out a newsletter
detailing some important rules & fees changes & a new
Your race age will be based on your age at
the end of the year, the youth membership fee is reduced, and a Grand
Prix Series is starting, including a race in Arizona.
for the whole letter.
2006 Spring Running Series
Three races under our belt and 2 more to
go. Thanks to everyone for helping in the turnout and thanks to Robert
for running and hosting the brunch!
Full results for race 1 are in this document, results from race 2 are here, and the current standings are here.
Jayme is crushing the competition with 21 points, 9 ahead of the constantly improving Ryan.
The Next Hash will be on the 6th
Used Cowgirl & Just Ligia are the
hares. The dress code is international and we will meet at the
Matador at 6PM.
Read one of the Hash Trash reviews, such as February's,
January's, or the one from the Red Dress Run in December.
Or go further back and read the trash from November,
September 2005's Hash, August
2005's Tech Dress-up Hash, July
2005's Hash, June
2005's Hash, May
2005's Cinco De Mayo Hash, April
2005's Spring Forward Hash, March
2005's St. Patty's Hash, February
2005's Valentine's Day Hash, January
2005's Hash, December
2004 Red Dress Run, November
Halloween Hash, September,
Red Dress Run Report, November
2003, or October
2003 Halloween Hash to see what hashing's about.
Feel free to ask me about posting Want To
Buy, Want to Sell, or Want To Trade items
- Race bikes: Both are road race bikes with
Time Trial bars added.
46 cm custom built
56" Serotta with Tri-Spoke wheels
Make offer to Pat or Catharine 838-1110
Regular Rides and Runs Around Socorro
These are not SSR-sponsored club events!
- Cycling (Road): Monday, Wednesday AND Friday at
NOON!, meet at the
IRIS Parking Lot.
- Cycling (MTB): Friday 11:30 AM, meet at
the IRIS Parking Lot (not very regular!).
- Cycling (MTB): Saturday 10 AM (Girls only!),
meet at Spoke-N-Word.
- Cycling (MTB): Sunday 10 AM (no-drop),
meet at Spoke-N-Word.
- Running: Sunday social run, meet at Tech
pool parking lot, 8 AM Sundays .
Like to start a new regular run or ride?
to get it listed here.